- Open position #1: PhD student for research in 3D-printed antennas and related electromagnetic structures starting September 2022. Previous experience in antenna design and measurement is required. Interested candidates can send their CV, a scan of their undergraduate and graduate transcripts and a copy of their masters thesis (or publications) to Prof. Saavedra. Please note that due to the high volume of emails, I may not be able to respond to every message but I do read them all and I will contact you if I need more information from you.
- Open position #2: MASc or MEng student for research in broadband gallium nitride power amplifier design starting May 2022 or September 2022. Undergraduate coursework in microwave engineering, including measurement techniques, is required. Interested candidates can send their CV, a scan of their undergraduate transcript and a copy of one (1) relevant course design project report in analog/RF/microwave circuits to Prof. Saavedra. Please note that due to the high volume of emails, I may not be able to respond to every message but I do read them all and I will contact you if I need more information from you..
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an IDEaS Phase 2 grant from the Canadian Department of National Defense.
- Congratulations to Aditya Singh on the successful defense of his Ph.D. dissertation titled "Fluidic Antenna Reconfiguration Methods and Multi-Antenna Systems For Next Generation Wireless Networks" on August 23, 2021.
- Aditya Singh and Carlos Saavedra receive a Best Paper Award at the 2021 IEEE CONECCT conference for the paper "Millimeter-Wave Antenna Using Dipole and Loop Modes for Enhanced Bandwidth."
- Ben Eisen, recipient of an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA), joins group. Welcome Ben!
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an IDEaS Phase 1 grant from the Canadian Department of National Defense.
- Lyda Herrera joins group as a Postdoctoral Fellow on following the completion of her Ph.D. degree at INAOE in January 2021. Welcome Lyda!
- Hayden Banting joins group as a Ph.D. student in January 2021. Welcome Hayden!
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an NSERC Alliance grant for research on broadband gallium-nitride microwave power circuits.
- Congratulations to Hayden Banting on the successful defense of his M.A.Sc. thesis titled "Novel Structures and Materials for Broadband Antennas" on December 2, 2020.
- Congratulations to Daniel Balicki, Ben
Merriam and Christopher Pegrum (left to right, photo below) on their
1st Place win at the Queen's ECE Capstone Project Competition for their
project "Satellite Downlink System" supervised by Prof. Saavedra.
to Elisha Martis, Rachel Smith, Dennis Grajo and Stephen Obadinma (left
to right, photo below) on their 3rd Place
win at the Queen's ECE Capstone Project Competition (Software category)
for their project "Crow Away - Autonomous Drone" supervised by Prof.
undergraduates Marley Beckett,
Clare Graham and Julia Maine present their antenna array design project
supervised by Prof. Saavedra at the Queen's Faculty of Engineering and
Applied Science discipline night event on January 30, 2020.
- Shabnam Andevari
joins group as a Ph.D. student.
- Isabella Lavrisa,
B.A.Sc. candidate, Queen's University, joins group as an undergraduate
- Dr. Miguel Ruphuy
joins group as a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF).
- Group member Glad
Dragos (pictured) presents paper titled "Millimeter-Wave
Metallic Bull's-Eye Antenna with Wideband Broadside Radiation
Characteristics" at the 2019 IEEE
Antennas and Propagation Symposium in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Group member Glad
(photo below) accepting the degree of Master of Engineering
from the Queen's University Chancellor at Spring Convocation in Grant
Hall, June 2019.
- Hayden Banting
(B.A.Sc., University of Manitoba) joins group as an M.A.Sc. student.
- Group members Hao Li (photo above) and Sean
(photo below) accepting the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at Spring
Convocation in Grant Hall. Congratulations Dr. Li and Dr.