- Group member Shabnam Andevari (above) accepting the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at Fall Convocation in Grant Hall, November 2023. Congratulations Dr. Andevari!
- Congratulations to Group member and Postdoctral Fellow, Dr. Aditya Singh, for winning a
2023 URSI Young Scientist Award. Well done!
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr. Aditya Singh (above) presenting the paper "X/Ku-band High-gain Integrated Lens MIMO Antenna Using CPW-fed Magnetoelectric dipoles,'' at the URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium (GASS) in Sapporo, Japan, in August 2023.
- Mehdi Babazadeh joins group on May 1, 2023, as a PhD student. Welcome Mehdi!
- Eva Blainey, Abby Brennan, Ian Keefe and Fiona Whitfield win 3rd-Place for their project "Heat-Seeking Drone" at the Queen's ECE Capstone Project Open House on March 23. Congratulations!
- Group member Ian Goode (above) accepting the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at Fall Convocation in Grant Hall, October 2022. Congratulations Dr. Goode!
- Group member Dr. Aditya Singh (above) presenting the paper "An SICL-Fed Compact Magneto-electric Dipole Antenna for 5G Millimeter Wave Bands" at the IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology, October 2022.
- Shabnam Andevari presenting a poster on dielectric anisotropy sensors at the 2022 Queen's Engineering research symposium.
- Hayden Banting presenting a poster on evolutionary algorithms for antenna optimization at the 2022 Queen's Engineering research symposium.
- Ashkon Noori joins group in September 2022 as an undergraduate researcher.
- Congratulations to Ian Goode on the successful defense of his Ph.D. dissertation titled "Lensed and Reconfigurable Antennas for Passive Beam Forming and Beam Steering" on July 19, 2022.
- Group member Aditya Singh is recognized with the Queen's University Outstanding Engineering Thesis during the 2022 Convocation Ceremony for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) Phase 2 grant from the Department of National Defense.
- Congratulations to Aditya Singh on the successful defense of his Ph.D. dissertation titled "Fluidic Antenna Reconfiguration Methods and Multi-Antenna Systems For Next Generation Wireless Networks" on August 23, 2021.
- Aditya Singh and Carlos Saavedra receive a Best Paper Award at the 2021 IEEE CONECCT conference for the paper "Millimeter-Wave Antenna Using Dipole and Loop Modes for Enhanced Bandwidth."
- Ben Eisen, recipient of an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA), joins group. Welcome Ben!
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an IDEaS Phase 1 grant from the Canadian Department of National Defense.
- Lyda Herrera joins group as a Postdoctoral Fellow following the completion of her Ph.D. degree at INAOE in January 2021. Welcome Lyda!
- Hayden Banting joins group as a Ph.D. student in January 2021. Welcome Hayden!
- The Millimeter-Wave Electronics Group is awarded an NSERC Alliance grant for research on broadband gallium-nitride microwave power circuits.
- Congratulations to Hayden Banting on the successful defense of his M.A.Sc. thesis titled "Novel Structures and Materials for Broadband Antennas" on December 2, 2020.
- Congratulations to Daniel Balicki, Ben
Merriam and Christopher Pegrum (left to right, photo below) on their
First-Place win at the Queen's ECE Capstone Project Competition for their
project "Satellite Downlink System" supervised by Prof. Saavedra.
to Elisha Martis, Rachel Smith, Dennis Grajo and Stephen Obadinma (left to right, photo below) on their 3rd Place win at the Queen's ECE Capstone Project Competition (Software category) for their project "Crow Away - Autonomous Drone" supervised by Prof. Saavedra.
undergraduates Marley Beckett, Clare Graham and Julia Maine present their antenna array design project
supervised by Prof. Saavedra at the Queen's Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science discipline night event on January 30, 2020.
- Shabnam Andevari
joins group as a Ph.D. student.
- Isabella Lavrisa,
B.A.Sc. candidate, Queen's University, joins group as an undergraduate
- Dr. Miguel Ruphuy
joins group as a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF).
- Group member Glad
Dragos (pictured) presents paper titled "Millimeter-Wave Metallic Bull's-Eye Antenna with Wideband Broadside Radiation Characteristics" at the 2019 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Group member Glad
(photo below) accepting the degree of Master of Engineering
from the Queen's University Chancellor at Spring Convocation in Grant
Hall, June 2019.
- Hayden Banting
(B.A.Sc., University of Manitoba) joins group as an M.A.Sc. student.
- Group member Aditya
Singh (pictured below) presents paper titled "A Frequency-Reconfigurable Water-Loaded Planar Monopole Antenna" at the 2018 International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM) in
- Group member Matt
Brown is awarded the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society's
Eugene F. Knott Memorial pre-doctoral research grant.
- Matt Brown
presents paper titled "Lumped-Element Circuit Modeling of Microfluidic Channels in Microstrip Transmission
Lines" at the 2018 IEEE NEWCAS conference in Montreal, Canada.
- Group members Hao Li (photo above) and Sean
(photo below) accepting the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at Spring
Convocation in Grant Hall. Congratulations Dr. Li and Dr.